2.12.05

God Is A Being, Not A Product.



I just finished reading another book by Donald Miller. Man this guy really puts out some great stuff. He covers a lot of ground in this one. This book seems to finish my own sentences.
For so long its seemed as though there were only pockets of people in and around my life that see these relational truths about Christ and His church, and even less people writing books about it. But come to find out, there are others. Check out
http://www.burnsidewriterscollective.com/. I have yet to read other authors from this group, but I am excited to do so, and will probably post my reactions – good or bad.
Another book that I was just thinking about is
Enter the Worship Circle, by Ben Paisley. I was introduced to the author at a small coffee shop in Des Moines, where he and his wife were playing some music. After reading Paisley's book, I realized that God was now, and always had been passionately persuing me. I haven’t read through it in a few years, but I was reminded about it when I started reading Miller’s work. Give them both a shot.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Jason said...

Yes Chris, Its is I.
I really wish that I could adequately express my political persuasion right now, but everything seems up in the air for me, after reading both books.
I am truly searching for Gods will concerning belivers and politics. I have been a raging republican for so long and I don't know how to process all of these new feelings and opinions.
It is nice, however, to not feel guilty about liking Garrison Keilor. I always have, and now I feel that I can admit it to the world.

17:39  
Blogger Firelance said...

Stan,
I love your blog and I love you. Here's my email by the way: bobmezger@yahoo. I am back in Chicago now and am really happy to be home. Looking forward to what you have to send me!

07:07  

Post a Comment

<< Home